Sunday, May 11, 2008

alma mater's

(in no particular order)

To my wife - an incredible mother. A natural. A stay at home type. You seem to have been born for, wired for, created for....this. Heck, you've mothered me for almost 9 years in many ways. Our daughters are blessed to have you, and I'm incredibly thankful to have you by my side as we raise them. You are filled with love, even in the moments where we both wish we could lock ourselves in the basement for a few minutes....you are amazing. I love you. Happy Mother's Day.

To my mom - an incredible mother. I know I give you heck. I'm supposed to. I'm your son. But seriously, to have raised 5 kids as incredible as us through everything life threw at you....thank you. You taught us that no matter what happens, church is important, and the family of God is a pretty good one to belong to. (I've been washed in the fountain, cleansed by His blood....) You wouldn't be stopped. I love you. Happy Mother's Day.

To the surrogates - incredible examples. JoLynn Campbell, Tina Delbridge, Kim (Rick's wife), Denise Boone, Jill Nicol, etc. etc. etc. You were there in times where I needed a "motherly type". Teenagers don't pay attention to or value their own parents enough...and you were there to remind me that I'm loved. To those reading this, be sure and love someone as your child, even though they might not be. The world needs more who are willing to give that kind of love. I love you. Happy Mother's Day.

To God - an incredible God. You often get overlooked, as far as nurturing motherly-type descriptions. But yet...they're there. How many times you've taken me under your "wing"...even when I leave once everything was going my way. How many times your door has stayed open, even though I might not be the best son. You've taught me to love, and given me the ability/hope with which to do it. You are making me a new creation, and using me for yours. I love you. Happy Mother's Day.

ps. The Wings won last night. Awjeah. 2-0 baby.

No comments: