Monday, August 11, 2008

tagged...quirky...

Okay, so my sister-in-law Joy "tagged" me in something. And if anyone after her tags me in anything, you can rest assured I most likely won't do it. I'm pretty against forwards/chain-letter/etc. type things. No matter how cute, and no matter how much I like the person who sent it to me.

I also won't be "tagging" anyone at the end of mine...so the madness ends here.

But in honor of being "tagged", and to show Joy I read her blog, and think she's neat, here's my response. I'm supposed to list 6 unspectacular quirks about myself in no particular order. Being a quirky person, the hard part will be limiting myself to which quirks I announce. Here we go:

1. When I make microwave nachos, I don't just throw some chips/cheese on a plate. I spread an even layer of chips out, providing as much plate coverage as possible, with as few overlaps as possible. Then an even layer of cheese, with a fair amount per chip. Then one, possibly two more layers in the same manner. Freshly shredded from the block is preferred.

2. The first swallow/bite/etc. of any newly opened digestable product is special to me. Once in a while, I've been known to offer it to my wife out of love. But if it's ever taken/spoiled, I hurt a little inside. :)

3. I need to have a piece of gum in my mouth when I sing/speak in front of a crowd. I know any professional will tell you that's horrible, and not helpful....but it's me.

4. I'd rather have a frozen pepperoni pizza than a home-cooked Roast Beef dinner any night. (but if the roast beef is flavored by an effort of love from my wife, I'll keep my mouth shut, and LOVE it.)

5. The cups in our cupboard must be face down, and grouped alike. Medium glasses with medium glasses, etc. in rows. If I open the cupboard to get a cup for a drink, and something is out of order, I usually have to rearrange them before I'll continue.

6. I usually wear a pair of pants or shorts for many days before switching them out for a clean one. As long as I can get away with it. Gross maybe, but it's efficient. The belt stays overnight.

There you go....just a peek into my quirky existence. You can thank Joy. :)

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I do the same thing with nachos...lol