Sunday, January 18, 2009

moments of return...

A few notes from returning home yesterday, for the first time in about 2 weeks:

I became a virtual jungle gym of sorts, as both Addison and Sophie attacked me for attention in the living room. It was really as if they were physically saying "daddy, we missed you". :) It was incredible.

After we tired out a bit, all three of us took a nap on the couch together. Usually a nap of any sorts "together" has very little sleep involved. But thankfully, I don't think they slept well Friday night, which led to a new sense of sleep deprivation. Sophie on my chest, Addie curled up under my arm, they both echoed smaller versions of their mothers "deep breathing noise" (not a snore, my dad snores....this is no way the same thing). :)

After a short nap together, I transferred them both to their respective sleeping quarters, where they BOTH slept over 2 hours further!!! After they woke up, we had a very healthy dinner of pepperoni pizza (made Mediterranean by some feta cheese sprinkled all over it) and potato chips before bath time.

With bathtime, booktime, bedtime, breakfast time, getting dressed time, packing, etc...times..(with moments for breaking out in running around the house sans diapers screaming and dancing to whatever song we wanted to sing or make up...or just crawl around like puppies for a bit)..whew. I have definitely gained a new appreciation for what my wife has been up to the past two weeks, and what she goes through every Sunday morning. I leave for church early by myself usually (two services), and try to escape with everyone still asleep. Maybe Addie should start coming with me to both services...we'll see. :)

Looking forward to my wife's return late tonight,as the Anderson family becomes "whole" once again finally, and a VERY exciting day tomorrow!!

2 comments:

Brady said...

While you were busy with classes and missing your family... it was very nice to see you intermittently for about a week. I love you bro, we are blessed :).

One-T said...

That is awesome. Isnt it crazy how family changes you like this. And how amazing the women in our life are. Good post wick...good post...