Monday, February 02, 2009

Now we know....

So in parenting, we've learned that there are some things you just don't know until you experience them. Here are a few of the things we've learned:

1. Addie is still not old enough to enjoy a car wash yet. We went this past Sunday night on the way home from the Superbowl. There was a brief moment where we thought she would enjoy it, but then the next round of the sprayer came on. I guess it's a good thing it wasn't one of the old school brush wash's....now THOSE are scary.

2.Both girls enjoy eating vegetables more than their father. Probably because they haven't eaten many types of food yet. I'm working on it though. My list of acceptable vegetables now include: carrots, corn, green beans, sweet potatoes, broccoli, anything stir-fried. Although I still wouldn't voluntarily put any of those on my plate unless reminded to do so.

3. Both of our girls love to read. Or at least, they love to hold books, and look at the first 3 pages. Then, unless you have total control of the situation, the book all of a sudden comes to "The End", and is closed.

4. Spit up is WORLDS better than vomit. Oh my word. I won't even go into this one, cause you're probably already thinking, "ew". But for real yo...vomit is like 100 times worse than spit up. Even in comparable amounts.

5. Speaking of bodily fluids - for the most part I don't mind them as much as I thought I would. Before we had kids, I'd shiver at even the mention of being involved in someone else's kids' diaper change. Now I don't love it....but it's not so bad. :)

6. Having kids is incredible. Seriously. Like you read about it....you imagine it....you watch it with others. And even after becoming a father, it's continued to deepen life in general. I'm a big fan.

7. There are plenty more, and continue to be more on a daily basis. I'm sure you'll hear more about this....doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon....hehe. Life is good...

No comments: